Summer Salad Recipe
Are you looking for summer salad recipes? Look no further, this summer salad is vegan-friendly, full of vitamins and packed with healthy protein. Oh and most importantly it is quick and easy to make! Making salads can sometimes be boring but once you know the essentials to make a good salad, you will fall in love with eating them with every meal. In my opinion, a good salad must have a variety of flavours, some acidity and fresh ingredients. The summer salad recipe I created today, is inspired by my young son and his love for pickles, corn and olives. I hope you enjoy this summer salad recipe, it is perfect for a beautiful summer day. You can enjoy this as a big salad for one or share it as a side salad for two.
- 100g chickpeas (garbanzo bean)
- 50g pickles
- 50g olives
- 100g sweetcorn
- 70g cherry tomatoes
- 20g lettuce
- juice of half a lemon
- drizzle of olive oil
- vegan cheese (optional)
- dressing of choice (optional)
1. First, wash and drain the fresh vegetables, canned corn and canned chickpeas.
2. Next, dice the olives, tomatoes and pickles into a small pieces. Then, roughly chop the lettuce by placing it on a cutting board and chopping it once horizontally, then, once vertically. Note: you want the vegetables to be roughly the same size.
Note: you may also dice some vegan cheese and add it to the salad or crumble vegan feta on top, at the end.
3. Then, place all the vegetables in a bowl. Mix the vegetables altogether, squeeze some lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil on top. Note: you may add your preferred dressing to the salad (I like using vegan ranch dressing!).
Are you are looking for a salad dressing? Try my Vegan Ranch Dressing recipe.