Roasted Pepper and Olive Salad Recipe
Looking for a pleasant vegan summer salad recipe? This recipe is simple, quick and delicious. I love eating Lebanese and Persian food, I was lucky enough to grow up in London, where there is an abundant variety of cuisines. My father would often visit small family owned restaurants and bring me back a bite to eat after work. I distinctly remember whenever, I would eat Persian or Lebanese food, I’d experience the freshness of parsley, mixed with a rich pepper taste and a drizzle of lemon. Thus, this recipe is inspired by my love of these flavours. This is recipe perfect as a side dish or you could add some protein e.g. chickpeas to make this a complete meal. I hope you enjoy and share this simple vegan salad recipe.
- 4 medium red peppers.
- 400g cherry tomatoes.
- 1-2 tbs olive oil.
- 70g vegan feta cheese.
- 90g green olives.
- 1/2 lemon.
- 2 tbs hemp seeds.
- A handful of fresh parsley.
- 1 small red onion.
- First, preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F) and wash and rinse the vegetables.
2. Next, slice the peppers down each side, place them on a baking tray along with the cherrie tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place, the tray in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Note: let the tomatoes and peppers reach room temperature before step 4.
3. Then, slice the olives, thinly dice the red onion and chop the parsley head. Note: I avoided using the parsley stalks but you can keep them in. Place, all the vegetables and set aside.
4. Next, cut the peppers into smaller pieces and half the tomatoes, add them to the rest of the vegetables. Squeeze half a lemon into the bowl, season with a little bit of pepper and salt. Sprinkle over the hemp seeds and crumble the vegan feta on top. Enjoy!
Did you like this vegan salad recipe? Why not try some other salad recipes on My Plant Kitchen such as my Summer Salad Recipe here.