Looking for a high protein vegan breakfast that isn’t oatmeal or a smoothie bowl? Here is a nice savoury “omelette” dish made mostly from tofu. The taste is very reminiscent of a traditional omelette due to the black salt. The texture is great too! a lot of vegan omelettes can be too dense in my opinion, but this recipe is pretty airy. Feel free to dress it up how you wish, I like adding a sprinkle of vegan cheese and whatever vegetables I have on hand. I hope you enjoy this easy recipe. If you want another vegan “egg” alternative dish, check out my Creamy Scrambled Tofu here.
- 200g tofu.
- 1/3 tsp turmeric.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1-2 tbsp flour.
- 3 tbs cornstarch (for a lower carb version use 4 tbsp of chickpea flour).
- 180ml unsweetened soy milk.
- 1/2- 1 tbs rapeseed oil/olive oil (use less oil to make it lower fat).
- 3/4 tsp black salt (essential).
- First, crumble the tofu into a blender and season it with the black salt, turmeric and garlic powder.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and blend them together until it makes a batter-like consistency (without lumps).
- Then, heat up a pan on medium-high heat for one minute before adding a drizzle of oil. Turn the pan down to medium heat and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes. Note: push down on it slightly so it cooks through evenly.
- Finally, top with your toppings of choice and enjoy!