This recipe is a plant-based version of the classic Egg Salad sandwich. I decided to create this after watching a Youtube video of sandwiches in Japan, the egg sandwich stuck out to me, as it was something I enjoyed as a child. Thus, I decided to make an eggless sandwich that tastes just as good as the original. This recipe is a great lunch idea for those who don’t have a lot of time, the filling can even be prepared and used throughout the week. I hope you enjoy the egg-free and cholesterol-free recipe.
- 200g of tofu.
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vegan yogurt.
- 3-4 tbsp of vegan mayonnaise.
- 1 tsp mustard.
- 1/2 tsp of black salt and a pinch of normal salt.
- 1 celery stalk.
- 1 small red onion.
- First, crumble the tofu into small pieces and sprinkle it with a pinch of normal salt.
- Next, dice the onion and celery into small pieces.
- Then, add the celery and onion to the tofu along with the yogurt, mayonnaise, black salt, and mustard. Combine the ingredients thoroughly.
- Next, taste the sandwich filling and reseason (if needed). Now you can use it immediately or store it for 3 days in the fridge.